Mankato Acupuncture Clinic is in network with both Blue Cross Blue Shield and Health Partners. If you have a different insurance plan that has acupuncture coverage, please let us know so we can give you a coded receipt for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
We always recommend you call your insurance company and double-check your acupuncture coverage. Some specific questions you should ask are:
1. “Do I have acupuncture coverage if given by a Licensed Acupuncturist?”
2. “Do I need a referral from my Primary Care Provider?”
3. “Is there a limit to the number of acupuncture treatments I can receive within one calendar year?”
If you previously received acupuncture from your chiropractor and had coverage, that doesn’t necessarily mean you will have coverage with a Licensed Acupuncturist. Please see your plan documents for your specific coverage information.
Most Blue Cross Blue Shield and Health Partners plans will cover the following. This list is not a guarantee of coverage.
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Chronic Pain Management
- Must have had longer than 6 months
- Must have been treated by a physician or other healthcare professional
- Nausea related to
Acupuncture treatment is generally limited to the following conditions:
- As an analgesia for medical procedures
- Chronic Pain syndromes, including but not limited to:
- Neuromusculoskeletal conditions (e.g., neck, back, extremity pain, radicular syndromes, myofacial pain syndromes, fibromyalgia syndrome)
- Headaches (chronic or recurrent, tension or migraine)
- Nausea ( e.g., following chemotherapy; associated with pregnancy)
- PMS or menstrual disorders